Date added 07/01/2021
The Construction Manager is responsible for the delivery of the site construction to the desired time, cost and quality requirements under the highest levels of HSEQ Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing site construction to agreed levels of quality.
- Assessing site risks and producing comprehensive Health and Safety plans in line with the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Compliance with requirements of RIDDOR ensuring the Senior Management Team is aware in a timely manner of all incidents, accidents, illness, injuries and dangerous occurrences including near misses.
- Managing and assessing third party contractors suitability for defined Construction Activities.
- Working with QS on Subcontractor tendering and minimising site costs and variations.
- Requesting subcontractor purchase orders.
- Keeping the WHP Project Team fully informed of progress on site, reporting and escalation of any issues.
- Developing relationships with appropriate client representatives including but not limited to, Regional Health and Safety Managers, Quality audit teams.
- Obtain and utilise expertise in client technical requirements, specs, systems and working practices.
- Submission and management of road opening notices and liaising with highways dept.
- Planning and Supervising Lifting Operations.
- Inspection of any plant on site.
- Co-ordinating all Build Activities to minimise any necessary outages and disruption
- Ensure site is properly planned in Programme of Works and CPHSP is reflective of the required activities
- Production and assessment of RAMS
- Ensuring access is available for all activities under the CMs control
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and QMS Policies.
- Any other duties that the company may reasonably determine from time to time
What we're looking for:
- Qualified in a construction related discipline (D)
- CSCS Card (white/yellow)
- Significant Experience in Telecommunications Construction (E)
- Comprehensive Understanding of WHP Health & Safety Policy (E)
- Ability to manage subcontractor relationships (E)
- Staff Management Skills (D)
- Commercial awareness (D)
- Strong track record in customer facing role (E)