Supporting the 2G upgrade / 4G roll out in low capacity areas of the UK….including the remotest areas
Between 2012 – 2014/15 EE successfully upgraded the majority of their legacy 2G equipment (Ericsson & Nortel) within high capacity areas, deploying Huawei BTS equipment.
Early in 2014 EE appointed Nokia as equipment and MSP and it was time to tackle the low capacity areas. WHP were appointed to provide Nokia with acquisition, planning, design and build enablement services on 1000+ third party sites in regions 5 (North) & 6 (Scotland) – including Highlands and Islands. Additional WHP were instructed on 600+ street works sites nationwide.
A plan was required to deliver;
- A survey for every site
- A site specific design for every site
- Build enabling for all third party sites (civils / electrical)
- Full build on streetworks sites (logistics, civils, electrical, rigging)
With over 25 years’ operator experience, WHP had created a plan which had implemented consistently;
- Site survey workshops to ensure the Darwin design strategy
- 150+ surveys per month
- Technical forums with the client to ensure the Darwin strategy aligned with the operators existing deployment / design guidance. WHPs technical experience on the operator’s specs proved invaluable.
- Experience design team delivering 100-150 site specific design per month
- Package pricing models for construction works, allowing both client & WHP project managers to focus on operational role, rather than site pricing
- On site reporting & swift handover packs.
WHP delivered 1500+ surveys, 1100+ site designs & 800+ site builds, which also included the addition of additional technologies i.e. 800 Mhz freq.
WHP executed a factory style process project that delivered a site specific solution in the most challenging locations.